From: Thomas Heger on
Hi

I'm still trying to find evidence for an assumption:
time could be understood as an imaginary axis, that could be altered -in
principle.

The change of this axis is altering the observed behavior of the
environment. It could 'rotate time into space'. That means e.g. an
elliptical orbit is a circle in its own environment.

So an acceleration would shift the orbit compared to that of its origin.
That would make distances look shorter and rotations faster. The change
would alter the aspect of stability from one system in respect to the other.

That means -roughly- any such system is stable in one environment, but
not in some other, where other systems are stable.

If now two objects of different environments come together, they
interact fiercely, because the difference of the axis means relative
spin in respect to that object. Spin is than released as energy, because
the new enviroment forces the object to take its timeaxis and would stop
the spin. That could make the object desintegrate entirely, because
twisting the axis of an object causes precession. That would make the
spin 'slam' into the stopping surface.

In the own environment an object has an axis that is in line with
everything else, but what will happen, if we send something to a comet?
The comet has clearly an elliptical orbit (for us). So we could assume,
its axis of stability is tilt to ours on earth.

Even if this sounds quite far fetched, observations confirm this view.
so look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dotIv6bJemE&feature=related

Greetings

TH
From: Sue... on

==========

> I'm still trying to find evidence for an assumption:
> time could be understood as an imaginary axis, that could be altered -in
> principle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power#Real.2C_reactive.2C_and_apparent_power

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_2/chpt_11/2.html

http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node119.html

Sue...

From: Thomas Heger on
Sue... schrieb:
> On Sep 12, 1:37 am, Thomas Heger <ttt_...(a)web.de> wrote:
>> Hi
>>

> ==========
>
>> I'm still trying to find evidence for an assumption:
>> time could be understood as an imaginary axis, that could be altered -in
>> principle.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power#Real.2C_reactive.2C_and_apparent_power
>
> http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_2/chpt_11/2.html
>
> http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node119.html
>
> Sue...

Hallo Sue..
could you give some hints, what you think these links are good for, or
what you had in mind in selecting them?

The question I had wasn't about electric currents. I was referring to
material bodies and if they and the environment of their origine could
have an imaginary axis of time.
This relates to my understanding of quaternions. Those I arrange as a
tetrahedron and build things out of chains of events, that could in
principle go in any direction. That means, such a chain could start from
any 'corner' and makes the remaining nodes the spatial dimensions.
Since such a model is a little bit strange, I would like to test it and
asked, if that would make sense or if you heard about that somewhere.

To me it does make sense and would allow to explain large classes of
otherwise strange observations, like e.g. the behavior of comets.
An other example would be the so called pioneer anomaly.

Greetings

TH

From: Sue... on
On Sep 12, 11:38 am, Thomas Heger <ttt_...(a)web.de> wrote:
> Sue... schrieb:
>

> > On Sep 12, 1:37 am, Thomas Heger <ttt_...(a)web.de> wrote:
> >> Hi
>
> > ==========
>
> >> I'm still trying to find evidence for an assumption:
> >> time could be understood as an imaginary axis, that could be altered -in
> >> principle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power#Real.2C_reactive.2C_and_apparen...

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_2/chpt_11/2.html

> > Sue...
>
> Hallo Sue..
> could you give some hints, what you think these links are good for, or
> what you had in mind in selecting them?

You wanted an example where imaginary time has real effects.
These are classroom classics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power#Real.2C_reactive.2C_and_apparent_power
http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_2/chpt_11/2.html

Here the same "currents" contribute to relativistic particle
dynamics.
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node119.html

The imaginaries are hidden in the tensor calculus. See equation (1395)
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node113.html

> The question I had wasn't about electric currents. I was referring to
> material bodies and if they and the environment of their origine could
> have an imaginary axis of time.

Your feet are not falling through the floor because of
electrical currents. You are going to have a rough go of
it trying to switch off the universe's electricity while you
study it.

<<
* invariance with respect to time translation gives
the well-known law of conservation of energy >>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noether%27s_theorem#Applications

<< we can account for the ever decreasing acceleration of a
particle subject to a constant force [see Eq. (1542)] by supposing
that the inertial mass of the particle increases with its
velocity according to the rule (1546). Henceforth, $m_0$ is
termed the rest mass, and $m$ the inertial mass. >>
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node126.html

http://www.bartleby.com/173/15.html

The rate of increase of the particle's energy $E$ satisfies

So unless you are a free energy, perpetual motion nut the
imaginaries have to preserve some symmetries.

> This relates to my understanding of quaternions. Those I arrange as a
> tetrahedron and build things out of chains of events, that could in
> principle go in any direction. That means, such a chain could start from
> any 'corner' and makes the remaining nodes the spatial dimensions.
> Since such a model is a little bit strange, I would like to test it and
> asked, if that would make sense or if you heard about that somewhere.

I have doubts nature ever studied quaternions. But if you have an
experiment that will create the illusion that nature is reliably
singing to music you have written in quaternions, then it will
pass for science. ;-)

> To me it does make sense and would allow to explain large classes of
> otherwise strange observations, like e.g. the behavior of comets.
> An other  example would be the so called pioneer anomaly.

I would love to look but I just unpacked my bags from an exhausting
trip. Can you show us something a bit closer to home; Something about
this size that will fit through the kitchen door:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil-drop_experiment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment

:-)

Sue...

From: Sue... on

================

> This relates to my understanding of quaternions. Those I arrange as a
> tetrahedron and build things out of chains of events, that could in
> principle go in any direction. That means, such a chain could start from
> any 'corner' and makes the remaining nodes the spatial dimensions.
> Since such a model is a little bit strange, I would like to test it and
> asked, if that would make sense or if you heard about that somewhere.

BTW Maxwell and Heaviside used quaternions in their early work.
You might develop some bench-top demonstrations and learn
some limitations by comparing with modern time dependent
field equations.

"Time-dependent Maxwell's equations"
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node50.html

"Maxwell's eight equations as one quaternion equation"
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1978AmJPh..46..430E

"Occam's razor is a fine tool, but it should be
applied to principles, not equations." --S.Weinberg
http://speakingoffaith.publicradio.org/.../weinberg-einsteinsmistakes.pdf

Sue...