From: Byung-Hee HWANG on
For first user, give me information about commnon lisp tools. At google,
most page go to CMUCL. But i also interested in GCL (GNU Common
Lisp). What is best choice?

--
"You know who I am?"
-- Vito Corleone, "Chapter 1", page 52
From: Byung-Hee HWANG on
Byung-Hee HWANG <bh(a)izb.knu.ac.kr> writes:

> For first user, give me information about commnon lisp tools. At google,
> most page go to CMUCL. But i also interested in GCL (GNU Common
> Lisp). What is best choice?

Ah.. and please review about SBCL which from CMUCL ;;

--
"Lawyers can steal more money with a briefcase than a thousand men with guns
and masks."
From: Byung-Hee HWANG on
Byung-Hee HWANG <bh(a)izb.knu.ac.kr> writes:

> Byung-Hee HWANG <bh(a)izb.knu.ac.kr> writes:
>
>> For first user, give me information about commnon lisp tools. At google,
>> most page go to CMUCL. But i also interested in GCL (GNU Common
>> Lisp). What is best choice?
>
> Ah.. and please review about SBCL which from CMUCL ;;

Sorry for confused. After all, i settled down at CLISP (from GNU) ;;
Still i'm baby for Common Lisp, many many help me from now on ^^;

Thanks,

--
"Get that man out here to me."
-- Michael Corleone, "Chapter 23", page 334
From: D Herring on
On 02/12/2010 01:10 PM, Byung-Hee HWANG wrote:
> Byung-Hee HWANG<bh(a)izb.knu.ac.kr> writes:
>
>> Byung-Hee HWANG<bh(a)izb.knu.ac.kr> writes:
>>
>>> For first user, give me information about commnon lisp tools. At google,
>>> most page go to CMUCL. But i also interested in GCL (GNU Common
>>> Lisp). What is best choice?
>>
>> Ah.. and please review about SBCL which from CMUCL ;;
>
> Sorry for confused. After all, i settled down at CLISP (from GNU) ;;
> Still i'm baby for Common Lisp, many many help me from now on ^^;

Please read this review of the different options.
http://common-lisp.net/~dlw/LispSurvey.html

Clisp is good. If you are interested in CMUCL for speed, SBCL is
another good option (it forked from CMUCL many years ago). GCL is not
widely used today.

My suggestion: stay with clisp until it causes a problem. By then,
you should have learned enough to pick another implementation more
suitable to your needs. The ansi standard and many portability
libraries make it easy to switch.

- Daniel
From: "Antti "Andy" Ylikoski" on
D Herring wrote:
> On 02/12/2010 01:10 PM, Byung-Hee HWANG wrote:
>> Byung-Hee HWANG<bh(a)izb.knu.ac.kr> writes:

>>> Ah.. and please review about SBCL which from CMUCL ;;
>>
>> Sorry for confused. After all, i settled down at CLISP (from GNU) ;;
>> Still i'm baby for Common Lisp, many many help me from now on ^^;
>
> Please read this review of the different options.
> http://common-lisp.net/~dlw/LispSurvey.html
>
> Clisp is good. If you are interested in CMUCL for speed, SBCL is
> another good option (it forked from CMUCL many years ago). GCL is not
> widely used today.
>
> My suggestion: stay with clisp until it causes a problem. By then, you
> should have learned enough to pick another implementation more suitable
> to your needs. The ansi standard and many portability libraries make it
> easy to switch.
>
> - Daniel

See

http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/
http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/lispbox/

the information there is a little bit outdated:

Clozure Common LISP has SLIME and works under Windows
Embeddable Common LISP is missing
many others are missing

Antti Ylikoski
Helsinki, Finland, the EU