From: RB Smissaert on
> You mean, regarding the additional
> "Server-Load", running time-consuming queries
> in parallel to the Interbase-Engine?

Yes, that is the one I was worried about.
Will let you know when I have some results.

RBS

From: Schmidt on
Ok, here come the commented Client-Sources - once for the
DB-Demo- and for the COM-Demo-Client too.
www.datenhaus.de/Downloads/RPCSourceDemoClients.zip
The COM-Demo is going more into detail, covering (more or
less) all of the features of this "DCOM-Replacement" - mainly
thought for those, who want to "dive into deep" ;-)
The DB-Demo covers only the needed parts of the RPC-
mechanisms and is probably the better recommendation for
a quick overwiew.

Both demos (please read: '_Before you start.txt' first)
allow a client-side RoundTrip-Debugging using the normal
"VB-F8-Mode", as long as the DebugMode-Switch is
set to true, and if the project was loaded prior as a VB-
ProjectGroup (containing the appropriate Server-Dll-Project).

The Code inside the Modules is not too voluminous (ca.
40-50 lines on average) - think, if you invest ca. half an
hour into the DB-Demo-Source, then you already got a
very good overwiew and understanding about the whole
RPC-thing.

Olaf