From: Mikeb on
My mouse wheel does not work in VB6 under Vista. It worked fine under XP. I
have already tried the mouse wheel addin with no success. Any ideas for
getting the mouse wheel to work?

From: Paul Lambert on
Mikeb wrote:
> My mouse wheel does not work in VB6 under Vista. It worked fine under XP. I
> have already tried the mouse wheel addin with no success. Any ideas for
> getting the mouse wheel to work?

I haven't been able to get it to work either.

If anyone figures it out it would be appreciated.

P.

From: Norm Cook on
"Paul Lambert" <paul.lambert(a)autoledgers.com.au> wrote in message
> Mikeb wrote:
> > My mouse wheel does not work in VB6 under Vista. It worked fine under
XP. I
> > have already tried the mouse wheel addin with no success. Any ideas for
> > getting the mouse wheel to work?
> >

> I haven't been able to get it to work either.
>
> If anyone figures it out it would be appreciated.
>
> P.

Don't know about Vista but you might try Wheeler
http://www.eluent.com/wheeler.htm

From: MikeD on

"Mikeb" <mikeddd(a)ee.net> wrote in message
> My mouse wheel does not work in VB6 under Vista. It worked fine under XP.
> I have already tried the mouse wheel addin with no success. Any ideas for
> getting the mouse wheel to work?

This has to do with the driver you're using. Remember, VB6 came out in
1998, before wheels on mice were common. Therefore, VB doesn't natively
support a wheel. For the wheel to work in VB, the driver and related mouse
software needs to provide this functionality. For example, I'm partial to
Logitech mice. Their MouseWare software provides this functionality in apps
that don't natively support wheel functionality. Check the web site of your
mouse manufucture for specific Vista drivers and software that may provide
this functionality to legacy apps. But....don't get your hopes up. Any
hardware older than just a couple years probably isn't going to have
official support under Vista. I've got a SoundBlaster Live sound card
that's only about 3 years old that isn't supported under Vista (so I have no
sound capability in Vista). I'm still just playing around in Vista. There's
a couple things so far I've liked about it, but for the most part, my
opinion is that you better have VERY recent hardware and a pretty decent PC
in general to get anything out of Vista. There's a lot more about it, so
far, that I don't like than there is that I do. But I felt the same way
about WinXP when it first came out and now I actually prefer XP (I have a
multiboot system with Win98, Win2000, WinXP and now Vista and I consider XP
to be the "main" OS that I use, but that didn't come about until the time
SP2 was released. I imagine I won't really "like" Vista for a couple years).

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP Visual Basic

From: Mikeb on
Agree that VB6 is getting quite old, but you would think that one of the
service pack would have updated it to use the wheel features. My wheel
worked under XP with VB. I do have the latest drivers for my logitech mouse
and the wheel works with everything else. Guess I'll have to start looking
into upgrading to .net...