From: Martin on
FWIW, VB6MouseWheelFix seems to work ok in Vista.
From: Kevin Provance on
I'm one of those unique people who still use VB with SDI turned off. That
particular solution never worked in that environment.

I can't stand SDI. Never have.

From: Martin on
SDI "turned off" meaning that: Tools|Options|Advanced|SDI Development
Environment is unchecked?

If that's the case, then the MouseWheelFix works just fine in that
situation. That's the only way I have ever had mine set up.

From: Kevin Provance on
No,no. My bad. I have it turned *on*. What I can't stand was having VB
work in an MDI environment. I like all my windows free floating. The way
VB is set up be default was too cramping and constrictive, especially in a
multi-monitor environment. Interfaces on the primary and code windows on
the other. :)

From: Paul Lambert on
MikeD wrote:

> This has to do with the driver you're using. Remember, VB6 came out in
> 1998, before wheels on mice were common. Therefore, VB doesn't natively
> support a wheel. For the wheel to work in VB, the driver and related mouse
> software needs to provide this functionality. For example, I'm partial to
> Logitech mice. Their MouseWare software provides this functionality in apps
> that don't natively support wheel functionality. Check the web site of your
> mouse manufucture for specific Vista drivers and software that may provide
> this functionality to legacy apps. But....don't get your hopes up. Any
> hardware older than just a couple years probably isn't going to have
> official support under Vista.
[snip]

I'm using a brand new microsoft notebook optical mouse 3000 that I
purchased around two weeks ago, I have the latest driver.

forgive me if I read this incorrectly, but are you telling me microsoft
don't have a properly functioning wheel mouse driver under vista for
their own hardware?

P.