From: MikeD on

"Mikeb" <mikeddd(a)ee.net> wrote in message
> Agree that VB6 is getting quite old, but you would think that one of the
> service pack would have updated it to use the wheel features. My wheel
> worked under XP with VB. I do have the latest drivers for my logitech
> mouse and the wheel works with everything else. Guess I'll have to start
> looking into upgrading to .net...

Maybe I didn't make this clear....it's not a VB issue. There's no reason a
VB service pack would or should address it. Service packs, in general,
don't add functionality. They fix bugs. In some cases, they take away
functionality. Usually, this is for security reasons. Rather than "fix"
the vulnerability, they merely disable the feature. That's pretty much all
WinXP SP2 did.

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP Visual Basic

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Mikeb <mikeddd(a)ee.net> wrote:
> worked under XP with VB. I do have the latest drivers for my logitech mouse
> and the wheel works with everything else.

Latest isn't always best. The wheel worked great with early versions of
Intellipoint, as well. Then they broke it in the later versions. Most folks use
either Wheeler or VBScroll to address this.

> Guess I'll have to start looking into upgrading to .net...

Or, you could just get hysterical, I suppose.
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Kevin Provance on
You got VBScroll to work under Vista? Mine doesn't. :(

- Kev

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Kevin Provance <casey(a)tpasoft.com> wrote:
> You got VBScroll to work under Vista? Mine doesn't. :(

Honestly, I haven't tried. That's not good to hear. Have you tried Wheeler?

Wheeler - Mouse Wheel Enhancer
http://www.eluent.com/wheeler.htm

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Kevin Provance on
No...but I will. I'll let you know how it goes.