From: manfred3 on
Hi,

I am using the countif formula in my spreadsheet to count the number
of times "DPRS" appears in say column G. for some reason it keeps
givong me the wrong answer i.e. instead of 29 I get 9 as the
answer.When I filter for "DPRS" I get 29. There are no blank cells in
between.

Thanks,

Manir

From: Mike H on
Hi,

the answer may be spaces, try this

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TRIM(G1:G13)="DPRS"))

--
Mike

question.

From: manfred3 on
On Apr 19, 9:28 am, manfred3 <manir.far...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the countif formula in my spreadsheet to count the number
> of times "DPRS" appears in say column G. for some reason it keeps
> givong me the wrong answer i.e. instead of 29 I get 9 as the
> answer.When I filter for "DPRS" I get 29. There are no blank cells in
> between.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Manir

i would appreciate aeply.
From: Pete_UK on
Post the formula that you are using. Does it cover the correct range
of column G? Could you have spaces before or after some of those DPRS
values? You might like to try this:

=COUNTIF(G:G,"*DPRS*")

Hope this helps.

Pete

From: manfred3 on
On Apr 19, 12:43 pm, Pete_UK <pashu...(a)auditel.net> wrote:
> Post the formula that you are using. Does it cover the correct range
> of column G? Could you have spaces before or after some of those DPRS
> values? You might like to try this:
>
> =COUNTIF(G:G,"*DPRS*")
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> On Apr 19, 9:28 am, manfred3 <manir.far...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > I am using the countif formula in my spreadsheet to count the number
> > of times "DPRS" appears in say column G. for some reason it keeps
> > givong me the wrong answer i.e. instead of 29 I get 9 as the
> > answer.When I filter for "DPRS" I get 29. There are no blank cells in
> > between.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Manir- Hide quoted text -

Hi Pete,