From: JJ on
On Jun 4, 2:04 pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <d...(a)REMOVECAPSmvps.org>
wrote:
> To do what you want using Word out-of-the-box, you will need to insert twocrossreferences, one to the number of the level 3 heading and one to the
> text of the heading 1.  Not a particularly difficult task.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "JJ" <j...(a)ultimatefunctions.co.za> wrote in message

> > On Jun 4, 11:18 am, "macropod" <macro...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> >> Hi JJ,
>
> >> You haven't indicated why the solution I suggested isn't suitable. It's
> >> certainly simple and effective. All it requires is taking
> >> the time to learn how to use Word, rather than taking a brute-force
> >> approach to the problem.
>
> >> --
> >> Cheers
> >> macropod
> >> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>
> >> "JJ" <j...(a)ultimatefunctions.co.za> wrote in
> >> messagenews:734afdb2-3c73-4bf0-b0e5-68e4fea50b14(a)w3g2000vbd.googlegroups.com...

> > I am not sure that I understand you correctly. I know how to usecross
> > references (well at least I think I know) but because I want to use
> > the heading of the main paragraph together with the number of a sub
> > paragraph whencrossreference, I have no idea how to do it. If you
> > say use heading text as thecrossreferenceit inserts the text of the
> > sub paragraph and not the main paragraph. Perhaps I am
> > misunderstanding.- Hide quoted text -

I hear what you are saying but how would I automate it. For instance
the client will click Insert, Cross Reference (leave the options under
paragraph number) then click on the relevant paragraph number. They
then have to change the options to paragraph text and click on the
main clause. I would like to write a macro where when they click on
insert cross reference and they choose 1.1 for instance it would
automatically then insert 1.1 then a bracket [then automatically the
heading of the main clase]. Or perhaps I can write an entire new form
to replace the cross reference screen so that the question is asked
which clause do you want to refer to and then the macro will do all
the work.