From: neelagain on
I did end up using streamin/out in the end. If you are going to use
StreamIn/Out, the simplest trick I found was to encapsulate text you
want to make bold/italic in either < & > or ( & ). That way you can
put together a class and forget about which rich edit control is using
it and for what purpose.

I imagine this helps,
Neel.