From: JY on
> ****
> THis is always a mistake. You have done something seriously wrong.
>
> For example, in your OnInitDialog handler, do you call the superclass OnInitDialog
> handler? Did you put a breakpoint at DoDataExchange to see if it is called? If
> DoDataExchange is not being called, you have a coding error. This typically only happens
> if you add handlers manually instead of using the automated mechanisms.
>
> Note that there are some annoying glithces, such as if you have a spin control with an
> autobuddy with an OnEnChange handler; you will get calls to the handler before the spin
> control variable is set. Since you have not given any context of where these happen,
> there is no way to diagnose the problem. But you can consider that it is *always* a
> mistake to create the controls yourself because you get this error, because what it really
> means is you have done something wrong, something that is almost always totally trivial to
> repair!
> joe
> ****
I had added the member vairables using the Wizard as Stephen has mentioned,
and of course it had entries in DoDataExchange(). Since I had the class
derived from CPropertyPage instead of CDialog (again from the Wizard), the
OnInitDialog() handler did not get automatically added and DoDataExchange()
did not get called. I've added a handler for OnInitDialog() and called the
base class OnInitHandler() so now it works fine.
- JY