From: Brandon G on
I'm using Windows Vista X86 and Word 2007 and I'm trying to save a workbook
in the CSV file format. Everytime I save, it gives an error saying the file
name.csv may contain features that are not compatible with CSV (Comma
delimited). I was wondering if I would lose data or if data would be
corrupted because of this?

Many Thanks

Brandon G.
From: dlw on
It is not an error, it is a warning, just letting you know that the csv will
contain plain text, no formatting, no formulas, etc.

From: Bob I on
You can look at the resultant file in notepad and see if it looks ok.

From: Joe User on
"Brandon G" wrote:
> I was wondering if I would lose data or if data would
> be corrupted because of this?

Yes and no. It depends on how you expect to use the CSV file.

Excel does not put double-quotes around text. Consequently, if you have
text that looks like a number, especially a number with more than 15 digits,
you will encounter trouble if you use Excel to open the CSV file unless you
take precautions.

There are probably other text strings that can be misinterpreted when saved
in a CSV file and opened by Excel because of the lack of double-quotes.