From: Ulrich Eckhardt on
Tom Serface wrote:
> As it is I typically only use UTF-8 for files and convert to Unicode for
> memory use.

UTF-8 _is_ Unicode, what do you mean?

Uli

--
C++ FAQ: http://parashift.com/c++-faq-lite

Sator Laser GmbH
From: Tim Roberts on
dududuil <dududuil(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have an application that manipulates strings.
>Its compiled without _UNICODE.
>
>I'm trying to do:
>mySrt.Remove('\r');
>
>My problem is that although all \r are removed correctly, some characters
>are beening changed as well !!
>I don't read JP, but its clear that some letters had been change after this
>\r removal

You have an MBCS string here. In MBCS, Japanese characters are represented
by two bytes. CString.Replace doesn't realize that.

So, you can try to set up your locale correctly for the strings you are
reading in, but the BETTER solution is to make your application Unicode.
Then all of these problems go away.
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.