From: Matt Houser on
I am attempting to show a balloon tooltip on a property page (in a wizard)
input is invalid, I want to show a balloon tooltip showing the error.

Windows 7 does this in the new network connection wizard (see attached
image).

I can make the tooltip appear on hovering (in non-aero wizard mode), but I
cannot seem to trigger the tooltip to appear when I want it.

Thanks,
....Matt

From: AliR on
The only way I can think of at the moment is to send TTM_TRACKACTIVATE
message to the CToolTipCtrl with the control that you want to display the
tooltip for.

AliR.

From: Matt Houser on
I found out how to do it and it does not involve CToolTipCtrl, but it only
works for CEdit (which suits my needs).

You can either use CEdit::ShowBalloonTip(), or send the EM_SHOWBALLOONTIP
message passing a EDITBALLOONTIP structure.

And it works under PSH_AEROWIZARD so I am happy.

....Matt