From: yaro137 on
Not sure if this is the right group for my question as the problem
actually occurs in a branch office that runs Server 2k8 standard on a
member server but the DC in the head office runs SBS2k8.
While the VPN link goes down users can't access shared folders on the
server even though they can log on. Does it have something to do with
GPOs?
yaro
From: kj [SBS MVP] on
yaro137 wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right group for my question as the problem
> actually occurs in a branch office that runs Server 2k8 standard on a
> member server but the DC in the head office runs SBS2k8.
> While the VPN link goes down users can't access shared folders on the
> server even though they can log on. Does it have something to do with
> GPOs?
> yaro

No it has to do with Kerberos (tickets).

--
/kj

From: yaro137 on
On 22 July, 17:12, "kj [SBS MVP]" <KevinJ....(a)SPAMFREE.gmail.com>
wrote:
> yaro137 wrote:
> > Not sure if this is the right group for my question as the problem
> > actually occurs in a branch office that runs Server 2k8 standard on a
> > member server but the DC in the head office runs SBS2k8.
> > While the VPN link goes down users can't access shared folders on the
> > server even though they can log on. Does it have something to do with
> > GPOs?
> > yaro
>
> No it has to do with Kerberos (tickets).
>
> --
> /kj

Is there a way then to make it work when the connection to the DC
fails?
Thanks
yaro
From: kj [SBS MVP] on
yaro137 wrote:
> On 22 July, 17:12, "kj [SBS MVP]" <KevinJ....(a)SPAMFREE.gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> yaro137 wrote:
>>> Not sure if this is the right group for my question as the problem
>>> actually occurs in a branch office that runs Server 2k8 standard on
>>> a member server but the DC in the head office runs SBS2k8.
>>> While the VPN link goes down users can't access shared folders on
>>> the server even though they can log on. Does it have something to
>>> do with GPOs?
>>> yaro
>>
>> No it has to do with Kerberos (tickets).
>>
>> --
>> /kj
>
> Is there a way then to make it work when the connection to the DC
> fails?
> Thanks
> yaro

You can open the shares, you can have the users access the branch server
with branch server local accounts, or you can put a second dc at the branch.

Or improve the reliability of the SBS server connectivity, which would be
the preferred choice.

--
/kj

From: yaro137 on
On 22 July, 18:14, "kj [SBS MVP]" <KevinJ....(a)SPAMFREE.gmail.com>
wrote:
> yaro137 wrote:
> > On 22 July, 17:12, "kj [SBS MVP]" <KevinJ....(a)SPAMFREE.gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> No it has to do with Kerberos (tickets).
>
> >> --
> >> /kj
>
> > Is there a way then to make it work when the connection to the DC
> > fails?
> > Thanks
> > yaro
>
> You can open the shares, you can have the users access the branch server
> with branch server local accounts, or you can put a second dc at the branch.
>
> Or improve the reliability of the SBS server connectivity, which would be
> the preferred choice.
>
> --
> /kj

Fair enough. Thanks