From: Mike Scott on
AS wrote:
> I have to hit Shift-Ctrl-F9 to get Calc to update data entry in various
> cells.
>

> Is there a way to set Calc so I don't have to keep doing the
> aforementioned command?

Tools | Cell contents | Autocalculate perhaps. Although I believe that's
set by default.

--
Mike Scott mike <at> <removeme>.scottsonline.org.uk
Harlow Essex England

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Aleksandr on
On 10-05-25 09:39 AM, Mike Scott wrote:
> AS wrote:
>> I have to hit Shift-Ctrl-F9 to get Calc to update data entry in
>> various cells.
>>

>> Is there a way to set Calc so I don't have to keep doing the
>> aforementioned command?
>

> Tools | Cell contents | Autocalculate perhaps. Although I believe
> that's set by default.

Yes, it's set by default. What I've created is a calendar. The area of
the calendar (sheet) that doesn't get printed has all of the events and
dates for the events. When I hit Shift-Ctrl-F9 then the event appears
in the proper date location of the calendar. If I don't hit
Shift-Ctrl-F9 then no change occurs in the calendar to be printed.
That's the problem.

I didn't have the problem when running Ubuntu 9.10 and Oo 3.1

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Niklas Nebel on
On 05/25/10 15:55, Aleksandr wrote:
> Yes, it's set by default. What I've created is a calendar. The area of
> the calendar (sheet) that doesn't get printed has all of the events and
> dates for the events. When I hit Shift-Ctrl-F9 then the event appears
> in the proper date location of the calendar. If I don't hit
> Shift-Ctrl-F9 then no change occurs in the calendar to be printed.
> That's the problem.

Without an example file, it's hard to say what's going wrong there.

Niklas

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Mike Scott on
Niklas Nebel wrote:
> On 05/25/10 15:55, Aleksandr wrote:
>> Yes, it's set by default. What I've created is a calendar. The area of
>> the calendar (sheet) that doesn't get printed has all of the events and
>> dates for the events. When I hit Shift-Ctrl-F9 then the event appears
>> in the proper date location of the calendar. If I don't hit
>> Shift-Ctrl-F9 then no change occurs in the calendar to be printed.
>> That's the problem.
>
> Without an example file, it's hard to say what's going wrong there.

Indeed. For my peace of mind, I've just checked a simple example with a
print range defined and some cells within it calculated from cells
outside it. I don't see any problems - everything updates as expected
(OOo 2.4 on Ubuntu 8.04, btw).

I suggest the OP recheck what he's doing, then simplify his spreadsheet
to give something easy to understand that exhibits the fault. If he's
lucky, he'll spot a problem while doing this; if not he could post the
simplified example. He ought to say what version/OS as well.