From: Del on
I have a database that is used to track defective parts being returned
from our customers. These parts have a warranty of 15 months from the
manufacture date. The Manufacture Date Code is formatted as yyyy-mm
(Example: 2009-06 would be a Manufacture Date Code of June 2009).

I am trying to figure out how to take the Manufacter Date Code and add
15 months to it so I can determine;

1) If the part being returned is still under warranty
2) How many months are left on the warranty.

I would then take these to bits of information and dispaly them in a
popup any time the database user entered a manufacture date code.

Thanks in advance...
From: paii, Ron on

"Del" <dtlabo(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a database that is used to track defective parts being returned
> from our customers. These parts have a warranty of 15 months from the
> manufacture date. The Manufacture Date Code is formatted as yyyy-mm
> (Example: 2009-06 would be a Manufacture Date Code of June 2009).
>
> I am trying to figure out how to take the Manufacter Date Code and add
> 15 months to it so I can determine;
>
> 1) If the part being returned is still under warranty
> 2) How many months are left on the warranty.
>
> I would then take these to bits of information and dispaly them in a
> popup any time the database user entered a manufacture date code.
>
> Thanks in advance...

' Ending month of warranty, assuming 1st of month
DateAdd("m",15,DateSerial(Left("2009-06",4),Right("2009-06",2),1))

' Months to end of warranty
DateDiff("m",now,DateAdd("m",15,DateSerial(Left("2009-06",4),Right("2009-06"
,2),1)))

From: Rich P on
As you click through your records -- if you have a custom goto next
record button you can add this code to it to check warranty dates --
also assuming you have a purchaseDate field. Here is a (bare bones) code
sample:

Private Sub Form_Load()
If DateDiff("m", PurchDate, Now) > 15 Then
lblWarranty.Visible = True
End If
End Sub

Private Sub Command5_Click()
On Error GoTo Errlbl
DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext
lblWarranty.Visible = False
If DateDiff("m", PurchDate, Now) > 15 Then
lblWarranty.Visible = True
End If
Errlbl:
End Sub

Rich

From: Del on
On Mar 1, 4:28 pm, Rich P <rpng...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> As you click through your records -- if you have a custom goto next
> record button you can add this code to it to check warranty dates --
> also assuming you have a purchaseDate field. Here is a (bare bones) code
> sample:
>
> Private Sub Form_Load()
>    If DateDiff("m", PurchDate, Now) > 15 Then
>       lblWarranty.Visible = True
>    End If
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub Command5_Click()
>    On Error GoTo Errlbl
>    DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext
>    lblWarranty.Visible = False
>    If DateDiff("m", PurchDate, Now) > 15 Then
>       lblWarranty.Visible = True
>    End If
> Errlbl:
> End Sub