From: bobh on
Hi All,

In AccessXP I have a continious form bound to a table that has 3
fields,

the first field name Question and the second field name is QAns and
the three field name is QValue

QAns is a list of possible answers for the question seperated by a
comma, each question could have a set of different answer

Q1: When did this happen? possible answer for dropdown: Before,
After, During, NA
Q2: What was the result? possible answers for dropdown: Good, Bad,
No Result, NA

on the continious form I want the QAns to be a dropdown and have it
list the possible answers of the question ans store the selected QAns
in QValue

so, the question is how can I get the dropdown list display the values
in the list as the possible answers??
thanks
bobh.
From: Salad on
bobh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In AccessXP I have a continious form bound to a table that has 3
> fields,
>
> the first field name Question and the second field name is QAns and
> the three field name is QValue
>
> QAns is a list of possible answers for the question seperated by a
> comma, each question could have a set of different answer
>
> Q1: When did this happen? possible answer for dropdown: Before,
> After, During, NA
> Q2: What was the result? possible answers for dropdown: Good, Bad,
> No Result, NA
>
> on the continious form I want the QAns to be a dropdown and have it
> list the possible answers of the question ans store the selected QAns
> in QValue
>
> so, the question is how can I get the dropdown list display the values
> in the list as the possible answers??
> thanks
> bobh.

Since the rowsource is different for each question, you might want to
open a popup window (or inputbox) on entry into the field. The popup
form is presented with the options (the available options could be an a
table) and close the popup (or inbox) and store the result to the
continuous form.