From: Steve M on
Hi
I would like to calcualte the time over a permitted amount and display it in
a cell.

Column C is the start time dd/mm/yy hh:mm and Column L is the finish time
dd/mm/yy hh:mm. The alloted time is 12 hours for the job and and need column
M to show the amount of time used over the 12 hours.

Many Thanks.
From: Bob Phillips on
=MAX(L2-C2-"12:00",0)

and format as time,[h]:mm

--

HTH

Bob

From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
I assume that your data has headers, so the data should start from 2nd Row.

Copy and paste the below formula in M2 cell.
=IF($L2-$C2<=TIME(12,0,0),"",($L2-$C2)-TIME(12,0,0))

Select the M Column and Do Right Click>>Format
Cells>>Number>>Category>>Custom>>Type>> copy and paste the below format or
type it.

[h]:mm:ss

And give Ok…

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

From: Mike H on
Hi,

What do you want to see if it takes less than or equal to 12 hours? This
displays the text "In Time"

=IF((L1-C1)*24<=12,"In Time",(L1-C1)-TIME(12,0,0))

format this cell with
[h]:mm
--
Mike