From: Budda Belly Budda on
I need to calculate how many seconds are between two times, e.g. 8:08 AM
start time and 8:44 AM stop time so I can use the result in a formula.

The start and stop times are in neighboring columns.

The formula would be result= number of counts / (Stop time-Start time) in
seconds to give me a result in counts/second.
From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:24:01 -0700, Budda Belly <Budda
Belly(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need to calculate how many seconds are between two times, e.g. 8:08 AM
>start time and 8:44 AM stop time so I can use the result in a formula.
>
>The start and stop times are in neighboring columns.
>
>The formula would be result= number of counts / (Stop time-Start time) in
>seconds to give me a result in counts/second.

=StopTime - StartTime

You can custom format the cell with this formula a [s] and it will
display the number of seconds.

Or to generate a value that can be used in a subsequent formula, since
Excel stores times as fractions of a day, multiply your result by
86400 and format as General or Number.

e.g: =NumberOfCounts/((StopTime-StartTime)*86400)

From: Roger Govier on
Hi
=(B1-A1)*84600
Format the cell with the formula as General or Number

XL stores times as fractions of a day (24 hours)
To get to Seconds therefore you need to multiply by 24*60*60 or 84600

--
-------
Regards

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5164 (20100601) __________