From: joseph.johnson4 on
I utilized the HoursWorked: =DateDiff("n",[TimeIn],[TimeOut])/60 expression
as you had suggested and definitely see what you were talking about, in
regards, to utilizing the expression that I was using. The results were as
you had stated once I changed the formats to reflect a general number. Now I
have that aspect of the calculation taken care of on the TimeClock Subform
that I have created.

The problem that I am now experiencing is when it comes to the expression
for the WeeklyHoursTotal, which I have been utilizing the expression
=DSum([HoursWorked],"Schedule"), but all I keep getting in the box where the
total should appear is #Error. I have aslo tried the Sum fubction with the
same problem. I feel like I am overlooking something simple in order to get
it working, but I am just missing it.

I have appreciated your help and assistance with this particular problem.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:28:33 -0700, joseph.johnson4
<josephjohnson4(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The problem that I am now experiencing is when it comes to the expression
>for the WeeklyHoursTotal, which I have been utilizing the expression
>=DSum([HoursWorked],"Schedule"), but all I keep getting in the box where the
>total should appear is #Error. I have aslo tried the Sum fubction with the
>same problem. I feel like I am overlooking something simple in order to get
>it working, but I am just missing it.

You can't reuse a calculated field in a further calculation. You'll need to
recapitulate the calculation in the expression you're summing.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]