From: Ripper on
I am using Exchange but have mail delivered toy personal folders. Since
doing this my appointments appear in the calendar in my personal folders. Is
thereany way to automatically sync the calendar in Exchange withthe calendar
in my personal folders?
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Set exchange as the default mailbox and use rules to move messages to the
personal folder.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request(a)lists.outlooktips.net

EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST(a)PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

From: Ripper on
I have already done that, which is why the mail is already going to my
personal folders. This is what I want. The problem is, when I accept a
meeting request, it is placed in my calendar in teh personal folder. I need
to sync that calendar with the calendar in exchange.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on

>I have already done that, which is why the mail is already going to my
> personal folders. This is what I want. The problem is, when I accept a
> meeting request, it is placed in my calendar in teh personal folder. I
> need
> to sync that calendar with the calendar in exchange.

You miss the point. You WANT the Exchange mail box to be the delivery
location, not the PST. Click Tools>E-mail Accounts>Next. In the "Delivery
new e-mail to the following location" drop-down, specify "Mailbox -
yourname" as the value. Click Finish. Stop and restart Outlook.

Now click Tools>Rules and Alert>New Rule>Start from a blank rule>Check
messages when they arrive>Next. Check the "uses the _form name_ form"
condition. Click "_form name_" and on the "Choose Forms" dialogue, select
the "Application Forms" value in the drop-down at the upper left. Scroll in
the scroll list below that and select the "Message" form. Click Add, then
Close. Click Next. Select the "Move it to the _specified_ folder" action,
click "_specified_" and select the Inbox (or some other) folder in your PST.
Click OK, then check the "stop processing more rules" action. Click Next,
then Next, give your rule a name and click Finish. Now you'll get all your
mail and ONLY your mail delivered to the PST. The rest (meetings, tasks,
etc.) will stay in Exchange like they should.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Ripper on
Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for.