From: Craig on
On 08/02/2010 12:45 AM, Le Loup wrote:

> calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application
> developed by users of e-books for users of e-books....
>
> http://calibre-ebook.com

I've been playing around with this over the weekend... Converting pdfs
and txts to epub. Although I could quibble with the interface, it does
as advertised. Lots of other formats supported by the way.

Cross-platform, F/OSS... What's not to like?

--
-Craig
From: Craig on
On 08/02/2010 04:25 AM, Yrrah wrote:
> Craig<netburgher(a)REMOVEgmail.com>:
>
>> What's not to like?
>
> It's huge

Why, /thank you!/

>, it's not portable, MSInstaller...?

No MSI here ...

--
-Craig
From: John Corliss on
Yrrah wrote:
> Craig<netburgher(a)REMOVEgmail.com>:
>
>> What's not to like?
>
> It's huge, it's not portable, MSInstaller...?

I think Craig's using Linux though.

--
John Corliss BS206. Because of all the Googlespam, I block all posts
sent through Google Groups. I also block as many posts from anonymous

No ad, CD, commercial, cripple, demo, nag, share, spy, time-limited,
trial or web wares OR warez for me, please.
From: Craig on
On 08/02/2010 06:29 AM, John Corliss wrote:
> Yrrah wrote:
>> Craig<netburgher(a)REMOVEgmail.com>:
>>
>>> What's not to like?
>>
>> It's huge, it's not portable, MSInstaller...?
>
> I think Craig's using Linux though.

Yup. Haven't tried it on MSOS yet.

I've been using it on Linux; going through my ebook and pdf article
collection and converting them to epub for my phone's reader. I'm
happily surprised with the results from converting especially the pdf's.
Didn't have much hope for them but they turned out fine.

As far as portable... Calibre uses python so I don't think the
Pro-Portables faction are ever going to be happy w/it. As far as huge
<shrug> 1 TB for $65 or 1/2 for $44.

--
-Craig
From: Le Loup on
Le Mon, 02 Aug 2010 13:25:55 +0200, Yrrah a �crit :

> Craig <netburgher(a)REMOVEgmail.com>:
>
>> What's not to like?
> It's huge, it's not portable, MSInstaller...?

also the only one of his kind... sigh...

--
Le Loup Th��tre - www.lelouptheatre.fr
et trois sont les vaisseaux... - www.3vaisseaux.fr
 |  Next  |  Last