From: John Corliss on
HeyBub wrote:
> John Corliss wrote:
>>
>> In the mean time, I won't use the program because of the registry
>> bloat it imposes on my system.
>
> ???
>
> Why does "registry bloat" bother you? The size of the registry has no effect
> on efficiency, speed, or vulnerability.
>
> If, on the other hand, adding registry entries makes the program itself more
> efficient, easier to use, or faster to develop, where's the bad?

The size of the registry definitely DOES have an affect on how long
anti-malware scans take and how long Total Uninstall takes to do a pre
program installation scan takes.

And once again, I'll mention that the Calibre author told me in a direct
email (and this is a copy and paste):

> calibre doesn't use the registry at all. It's the installer that does.
> Microsofts installer technology uses the registry to keep track of installed
> components.

So where's the good?

--
John Corliss BS206. Because of all the Googlespam, I block all posts
sent through Google Groups. I also block as many posts from anonymous

No ad, CD, commercial, cripple, demo, nag, share, spy, time-limited,
trial or web wares OR warez for me, please.