From: Mayayana on

| > continuing to carry them. I switched from the MS
| > server to eternal-september.org. It's easy. It's free.
|
| I finally made the switch, too...
|
| > And once you switch you'll see that none of the groups
| > are gone anymore. :) Unfortunately, though, they
| > are all more quiet than they used to be. Partly because
| > some people don't know they can still be accessed,
|
| and partly because you need to register. That's not a bad thing in itself,
| but it is just one extra step.

Another popular one is news.aioe.org. Apparently
there's no need to register there. I think my own
ISP carries these groups, too. But since I needed
to make some kind of switch I decided on eternal-
steptember. They seem to have a history. I'd like
to not have to go changing again later. Generally I
never sign up for anything, but their registration
seems harmless and reasonable. It's actually more
private than using MS or my own server because
the posting host field in the header is encrypted.