From: Mart Frauenlob on
On 16.04.2010 10:19, Andreas Gaeb wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm writing a specific bash completion function from which I want to
> directly call a readline function (namely redraw-current-line). Is it
> possible to invoke those functions programmatically from a bash script,
> without any key press or binding involved?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Andreas

afaik, readline is a C library just as many other [named] C libraries,
which provide C 'functions', which can't be used from inside a shell script.

correct me if i'm wrong....
From: Janis Papanagnou on
Mart Frauenlob schrieb:
> On 16.04.2010 10:19, Andreas Gaeb wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I'm writing a specific bash completion function from which I want to
>> directly call a readline function (namely redraw-current-line). Is it
>> possible to invoke those functions programmatically from a bash script,
>> without any key press or binding involved?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Andreas
>
> afaik, readline is a C library just as many other [named] C libraries,
> which provide C 'functions', which can't be used from inside a shell script.
>
> correct me if i'm wrong....

You can use C functions as builtins in Kornshell at least - which may
not be possible in bash, currently. But a different question seems to
have been asked here, which requires the OP to modify the bash source
code anyway, IIUC.

Janis