From: nr on
Does Camel's MPG joiner work on XP? My copy doesn't work and I can't
find any documentation about this.

Any recommendations for a replacement? Something as good as CaMPG?

Thanks for any info.

From: Kittie Spit on
I haven't used Camel MPEG Joiner. However, I do highly recommend the
trial/freeware version of TMPGEnc [free unrestricted use for something
like 30 days, then turns into free MPEG-1 only (I think) version]. I
liked it so much I bought a copy and use it all the time. It's very
fast, and has a number of user configurable options.

A very, very excellent freeware tool for joining is VirtualDUB, as well
as VirtualDubMod, and VirtualDub MPEG2. Very fast, totally cool, and
does a bang-up join. Now, with the Mod/MPEG2 you can join MPEG, but
can't do it with the basic VirtualDUB. [Tho you can in sort of a
round-about way, by first converting to AVI, then joining in VDub - tho
obviously not recommended, as this can introduce more problems into the
mix.]

Another tool you might need in addition to VDub is the freeware NanDub,
which also does an excellent job joining.

You have to be very aware of the specific idiosyncrasies of each tool
for joining video files, so I'd recommend some excellent tutorials and
How-To's at:

www.videohelp.com

Also there you'll find download links for all the above.

Another decent, simple MPEG joiner that works most of the time, but not
always, is CombiMovie [you can get via above site as well]. It's best
for simple little files [ie, 50 meg or under -- it chokes typically on
stuff over 100 meg.]

One final thing: be certain that files you're joining have same
bitrate/framerate, etc., or else you may well run into problems. There
are great freeware tools for verifying this, such as GSpot. More at
videohelp.com.

Another good site for help is:

afterdawn.com

From: safesurfer on
On 18 Nov 2005 16:22:30 -0800, "nr" <newsreader(a)midsouth.rr.com>
wrote:

>Does Camel's MPG joiner work on XP? My copy doesn't work and I can't
>find any documentation about this.
>
>Any recommendations for a replacement? Something as good as CaMPG?
>
>Thanks for any info.
I use Mpgjoin. Very easy and fast.
http://www.xxxmoviemart.com/faq/extfaq/software.html#pecks

Pages: 1