From: dlw on
I have a Canon PowerShot SD750, it does not need drivers for XP, but on one
particular computer, a Dell Precision 390, when you plug it into the USB, it
goes into the "new hardware found" routine, looks for drivers, says none
found, hardware not installed, and the camera does not show up in My
Computer. I've tried the USB ports in front and back, and other cameras do
work on it. and the camera is recognized on other computers. Also updated
bios and chipset on the computer from the dell web site.
Anything I can do about this?
From: T Shadow on
"dlw" <dlw(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Canon PowerShot SD750, it does not need drivers for XP, but on one
> particular computer, a Dell Precision 390, when you plug it into the USB,
> it
> goes into the "new hardware found" routine, looks for drivers, says none
> found, hardware not installed, and the camera does not show up in My
> Computer. I've tried the USB ports in front and back, and other cameras
> do
> work on it. and the camera is recognized on other computers. Also updated
> bios and chipset on the computer from the dell web site.
> Anything I can do about this?

Remove all USB hardware,
Uninstall all USB drivers(including the MS ones) in Device Manager.
Reboot. so they reinstall
reattach USB devices, camera first. Don't use a hub until its working.
HTH