From: Richard on
Actually I mean harder :)

Can someone tell what setups (directories,permissions,environment
variables,public key,ssh install...) are needed ?

On my windows environment, I am hung whenever db2 tries to come back
and asks me something like "replacing existing" confirmation during
restore.

There is a whole set of preceding chars before the command that
controls the behavior too. Documentation is very thin.

Can someone please point me in the right direction ? Thank you.
From: Helmut Tessarek on
> Can someone tell what setups (directories,permissions,environment
> variables,public key,ssh install...) are needed ?

Which OS? Which version?

> On my windows environment, I am hung whenever db2 tries to come back
> and asks me something like "replacing existing" confirmation during
> restore.

Ever used the WITHOUT PROMPTING clause? :-)

> There is a whole set of preceding chars before the command that
> controls the behavior too. Documentation is very thin.

Point taken. Sometimes the documentation is not too great, especially the
search function sucks since v9.7.

> Can someone please point me in the right direction ? Thank you.

Please tell me what you actually want to do. Also the OS is important. Windows
is always different than the UNIX versions.

--
Helmut K. C. Tessarek
DB2 Performance and Development

/*
await thee at its end.
*/
From: Richard on
hi,

OS is win 2008 server, 2 nodes, 4 logical partitions. UDB 8.2 fp 10.
Customer not approve v9 migration yet until mid tier apps fully tested
so we are running v8.2 DPF.

I am trying to copy existing DB to newdb on same instance to be use
for testing new application functionality by customer.

Took offline backup of all the partitions from PRODDB.

create database newdb on T: ;# T is the share drive, builds usual
db directory as it descend the dir, no problem

; try to restore catalog partition as 1st step, I can use without
prompting but I left it off
; to see if I can interact with it,

db2_all "<<+0< db2 restore db PRODDB from U:\db2backups taken at
20100527194259 \
into NEWDB replace existing redirect"

; stuck here until RAH timeout, nothing done

My steps if get pass this is to redirect the containers so it won't
overwrite PRODDB containers
(set tablespace container ....) and continue restore in parallel the
other 3 partitions.

Please critiq what am I doing wrong. Thank You !

From: Helmut Tessarek on
> db2_all "<<+0< db2 restore db PRODDB from U:\db2backups taken at
> 20100527194259 \
> into NEWDB replace existing redirect"
>
> ; stuck here until RAH timeout, nothing done

Understandable, since db2_all does not support user prompting.

> My steps if get pass this is to redirect the containers so it won't
> overwrite PRODDB containers
> (set tablespace container ....) and continue restore in parallel the
> other 3 partitions.

You will have to use redirected restore scripts to solve your problem.
Unfortunately version 8.2 does not have the REDIRECT GENERATE SCRIPT option,
so you will have to write your own scripts. I suggest that you work with a
small test database first until your scripts are perfect.