From: Jugglertwo on
We are having some problems at work where some of our users are going into
the Excel options settings and changing them as they are experimenting. Is
there anyway to reset the settings to the original settings?
any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
From: Gord Dibben on
Not too easily.

Some Options are sheet only, some are window only, some are saved with the
workbook and some are saved/written to the Registry.

Original settings would require a complete uninstall to remove Registry
entries, then a re-install.

Or if you know your way around the Registry you could make changes there.

Something you would do if not familiar with Registry and the caveats that
come with making changes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Gary Brown on
Excel 2003's toolbar and menu bar configurations are located in an XLB file.
If you delete this file (when not running Excel) the next time Excel starts,
it will return to it's original toolbar and menubar configurations. The
exact location and name of this file varies with the version of Excel, so
search your hard drive for *.xlb.
This is not recommended but if you are going to do it, make a backup of the
xlb file first.
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

From: Steve davis on
as Gord Dibbon said
Some Options are sheet only, some are window only, some are saved with the
workbook and some are saved/written to the Registry

if u go to tools, customize
then add remove menus with tick box also as long as the line is blue you can
hit the reset button

as far as sheet tabs scroll bars and most of the things in the sheet this is
in tools, option, tab view. in veiw all but
none, comment & indicator
show placeholders, hide all
page breaks, formulas
should be ticked
most of these setting are saved with the sheet so u would have to do it to
all the sheets that u need it back on