From: vandy on
I have an excel sheet which has a date in yyyy/mm/dd format saved on the
internal network. other users who open the file do not see this date as the
same format as the saved file. could anyone provide as to why this is
happening and what can be done to correct it.

thanks

vandy
From: Gary Brown on
Sounds like you have not specifically formatted the cell as yyyy/mm/dd.
When you don't specifically format a date cell, Excel will look at your
Windows default setting and use that, so you will see a date as yyyy/mm/dd
and someone else will see it as mm/dd/yy depending on their windows setting.
To fix this issue, highlight the cell, select FORMAT > CELLS > NUMBER >
CUSTOM > TYPE > yyyy/mm/dd >OK
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.