From: Lou on

"xlr82sas" <xlr82sas(a)aol.com> wrote in message

>Check out
>
>http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi31/155-31.pdf

Interesting paper. I'm leery of using undocumented stuff in production
programs that need unsupervised reliability, but for one-offs where results
can be checked, I'll bend my principles at bit.

On http://support.sas.com/kb/31/244.html SAS states that SASZIPAM is not
supported for customer use outside the install process, and no documentation
is available. To read zip files with SAS, the page refers users to
http://support.sas.com/kb/26/011.html where they recommend Windows users
utilize the Winzip Command Line Support Add-on, available for free download
at http://www.winzip.com/prodpagecl.htm

A possible advantage of using the add-on is that you can write zip files as
well as read them.