From: barkingmad on
Ms Office Excel 2003 ( Ms Office Professional Edition 2003)

I want to 'embed' a formula (eg: *.05) in multiple cells so that when data
is then entered into the cells it operates on the data and displays the
result. For instance, in the example given, if I then entered '16' into a
cell the figure displayed would be '0.8'
From: Mike H on
Hi,

One way.

Put 0.05 in a cell and give the cell a name (e.g. Factor)

then in any other cell you can enter =16*factor and get the answer you require
--
Mike

question.

From: Gord Dibben on
Not within the same cell unless you were to use VBA.

See Mike's reply for use of a helper cell.

For the VBA part...............

Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code"

Copy/paste this code into that module.

Const WS_RANGE As String = "A1:A10" 'adjust to suit
If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
If Not IsNumeric(Target.Value) Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
.Value = .Value * 0.05
Application.EnableEvents = True