From: Narnimar on
How can I extract the second word in a cell into a cell? I don't
want the first word or any other words to go with it into the new cell from
company name.
e. g. from AL BASSAM INTERNATIONAL FACTORIES extract BASSAM only.
Also I would like to know to extract only third word in case I may need for
future alternatively.

From: Jacob Skaria on
Use the below formula....to extract the second word

=TRIM(MID(SUBSTITUTE(" " & $A$1& REPT(" ",6),"
",REPT(CHAR32),255)),2*255,255))

For the 3rd word change 2*255 to 3*255

--
Jacob

From: Gary Keramidas on
and if a code solution is preferable:

split(range("A1")," ")(1) ' BASSAM
split(range("A1")," ")(2) ' INTERNATIONAL

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

From: Narnimar on
Hi,
It returns me like too few arguments and formula curser points at CHAR32.
What may be the problem?

From: Jacob Skaria on
Try the below instead

=TRIM(MID(SUBSTITUTE(" " & $A$1&
REPT(" ",6)," ",REPT(" ",255)),2*255,255))

--
Jacob

"Narnimar" wrote:

> Hi,
> It returns me like too few arguments and formula curser points at CHAR32.
> What may be the problem?
>
> "Jacob Skaria" wrote:
>
> > Use the below formula....to extract the second word
> >
> > =TRIM(MID(SUBSTITUTE(" " & $A$1& REPT(" ",6),"
> > ",REPT(CHAR32),255)),2*255,255))
> >
> > For the 3rd word change 2*255 to 3*255
> >
> > --
> > Jacob
> >

> > "Narnimar" wrote:
> >
> > > How can I extract the second word in a cell into a cell? I don't
> > > want the first word or any other words to go with it into the new cell from
> > > company name.
> > > e. g. from AL BASSAM INTERNATIONAL FACTORIES extract BASSAM only.
> > > Also I would like to know to extract only third word in case I may need for
> > > future alternatively.
> > >
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Sort Worksheets