From: salmonella on
when I run this command ( RunCommand acCmdImportAttachAccess ) in a runtime
version- the wizard appears but is 'deformed' and does not work. However, in
a accdb version of the same data base it all works perfectly- is this just a
runtime (accdr) thing or is there a way around this with vb?

What I am doing is allowing users to encrypt the backend then to link a FE
to to the encrypted BE. They will need to do this from time to time for FE
updates- or am I missing something?

thanks
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Yes you can do it with VBA. There's code at the Access Web

http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0009.htm
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com