From: Leatherplus on
I am having trouble getting a total field, This is how I am setting it up
AmountRecieved - AmountSpent = TotalSpent, what am I doing wrong, or rather
what do I need to do and what view do I do it in?
From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 7 May 2010 09:13:01 -0700, Leatherplus
<Leatherplus(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am having trouble getting a total field, This is how I am setting it up
>AmountRecieved - AmountSpent = TotalSpent, what am I doing wrong, or rather
>what do I need to do and what view do I do it in?

What's the context?

In a Query you would put

TotalSpent: [AmountReceived] - [AmountSpent]

or if either field might be NULL, use the NZ function to convert null to zero:

TotalSpent: NZ([AmountReceived]) -NZ([AmountSpent])

On a Form or Report you can put

=NZ([AmountReceived]) -NZ([AmountSpent])

in the Control Source property of a textbox.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]