From: Stephen on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 07:47:44 -0700 (PDT), ve7eje <ve7eje(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>Is there a way to tell OSPF to not advertise a specific network on a
>spefic interface without stopping the adverts of other networks?
>Example
>Router has 5 interfaces
>F1 is a link to another router
>F2 is a link to another router
>F3 = netB
>F4 = netC
>F5 = netD
>
>I need nets BCD to be advertised out F1 and F2 but not each other.
>Similarly I need nets learned on F1 and F2 to be advertised on F1, F2
>and F3 only.

as the other posters said - OSPF works by replicating the link state
database to other OSPF routers within the area.

However - advertising the OSPF topology (or not) only matters if there
is another router on net BCD.

so - dont run OSPF on those interfaces (or operate in passive). If
this router doesnt have 2 way OSPF comms with another router it will
not form an adjacency and cannot exchange routes.

>I've looked at the passive interface command but I don't think it will
>do what I want.

it does sound like a different protocol may be the best way to do this
- BGP?

--
Regards

stephen_hope(a)xyzworld.com - replace xyz with ntl