From: arunas on
Can I still recover a file I saved in USB Flash disk from my HDD? Can it
still be perhaps somewhere among temporary files?

The story is short I saved s file in a USB disk and lost it... forgot to
make a backup on my HDD.
From: trip_to_tokyo on
Do you know how to get down to the command (DOS) prompt on your pc?

If you do take the following action:-

1. Go to DOS prompt.

2. Make sure you are at:-

C:\>

3. Type in:-

dir xxxxxx.xlsx /s

- where xxxxxx.xlsx is the name of the file that you have lost.

If it is still on your HDD the above command will tell you where it is
(which directory).

Hopefully then you can recover it.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

From: Gord Dibben on
If you saved directly to the flash drive I would say no chance.

If you saved to HDD then copied to flash drive I would say the file is still
on HDD.

Obviously you did not do the latter so see line 1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP