From: Aurrion on
I need the use the equal sign -- "=" -- in a worksheet without Excel assuming
I'm begining a function or formula. I changed the cell to "Text" format, but
it didn't help. Surely there is a way to do it, but I can't find the answer
anywhere.
From: Gord Dibben on
If cell pre-formatted as Text it should be OK but to make sure.

Preface with an apostrophe.

'= the apostrophe won't display in the cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Mike H on
Hi,

Enter an apostrophe before the text then it will work. It won't show in the
cell

'=whateveryouwant

--
Mike