From: iaswi on
I use a hotmail account (live office) for all of my email and access through
hotmail, computer and iphone. Currently, I have to delete each piece of junk
mail 3 times before it is gone, and I get a ton. Is there anyway to use
outlook as just a front end to hotmail, without it downloading the mail to my
computer causing duplicate work? I would like to be able to delete a message
from Outlook and have it also gone from hotmail.

Oh, for extra credit, any way to do this with iphone too?

From: N. Miller on
On Wed, 12 May 2010 09:35:01 -0700, iaswi wrote:

> I use a hotmail account (live office) for all of my email and access through
> hotmail, computer and iphone. Currently, I have to delete each piece of junk
> mail 3 times before it is gone, and I get a ton. Is there anyway to use
> outlook as just a front end to hotmail, without it downloading the mail to my
> computer causing duplicate work? I would like to be able to delete a message
> from Outlook and have it also gone from hotmail.

Something called, "Outlook Connector", nearly as I can tell.

> Oh, for extra credit, any way to do this with iphone too?

No clue.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"iaswi" <iaswi(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I use a hotmail account (live office) for all of my email and access through
> hotmail, computer and iphone. Currently, I have to delete each piece of
> junk
> mail 3 times before it is gone, and I get a ton. Is there anyway to use
> outlook as just a front end to hotmail, without it downloading the mail to
> my
> computer causing duplicate work? I would like to be able to delete a
> message
> from Outlook and have it also gone from hotmail.

If you have Outlook 2003 or later, yes.
<http://www.windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=618dcd05-8494-4827-bba6-8072406b3fb7>

> Oh, for extra credit, any way to do this with iphone too?

If you make the Hotmail folders the default data file, iTunes should sync with
them through Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]