From: AndreWilley on
I plan on using a wireless mouse to control a presentation slideshow. I will
leave the mouse pointer itself on the preview screen and may need to click
there, so I would like to use the mouse's special web-navigation buttons
('Back' and 'Forward') to control the slideshow forward and backward.

Is this possible, as it would seem a very simple and useful option given
that so many mice and keyboards now feature these extra hardware
keys/buttons? Of course I could use the scroll-wheel, but it's easy to
overshoot...

Thanks for any help,

Andre
From: Glen Millar on
Hi,

Yes- for Version 2007- Office Button| PowerPoint Options| Advanced tab|
Slideshow section and uncheck Show menu on right Click. When you right
click, the slideshow will go backyards (for a right- handed mouse).

For 2010- File button| Options button| Advanced tab| Slideshow section and
uncheck Show menu on right Click.

I imagine in 2003 it is under Tools| Options.

--
Regards,
Glen Millar

Tutorials and PowerPoint animations: