From: Sesquipedalian Sam on
When I use the Save As... | PDF option, is there a way that I can
enable comments and/or markup so that the person I sent it to can add
annotations?
From: Graham Mayor on
If the recipient has the full version of Acrobat, he/she can annotate the
PDF using that. Otherwise consider PDF as a graphic.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

From: Sesquipedalian Sam on
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 10:14:02 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
<gmayor(a)REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote:

>If the recipient has the full version of Acrobat, he/she can annotate the
>PDF using that. Otherwise consider PDF as a graphic.

The Adobe website

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html

seems to indicate that users with only Reader can annotate PDF files
that were created and "enabled" by someone using Acrobat Pro. I was
just wondering if the Word add-in or some other tool was capable of
turning on the the enabling bit.
From: Graham Mayor on

> On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 10:14:02 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
> <gmayor(a)REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote:
>
>>If the recipient has the full version of Acrobat, he/she can annotate the
>>PDF using that. Otherwise consider PDF as a graphic.
>
> The Adobe website
>
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html
>
> seems to indicate that users with only Reader can annotate PDF files
> that were created and "enabled" by someone using Acrobat Pro. I was
> just wondering if the Word add-in or some other tool was capable of
> turning on the the enabling bit.

It is not done as part of the PDF creation even in Acrobat. It is an
'enhancement' applied from the Acrobat interface.

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org