From: Virgina Hernandez on
I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need I willo just go to ebay but I don't know what kind of meory, cards and such are compaitble with my machine. Help please.

Virgina
ghtpl(a)yahoo.com
http://ipods-imacs.com

uAtZSlPZQ=jrifVNED#S^RG!R
From: Richard P on
On 27/01/2010 19:10, Virgina Hernandez wrote:
> I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need I willo just go to ebay but I don't know what kind of meory, cards and such are compaitble with my machine. Help please.
>
> Virgina
> ghtpl(a)yahoo.com
> http://ipods-imacs.com
>
> uAtZSlPZQ=jrifVNED#S^RG!R
If you get a program called cpu-z it'll tell you mainboard brand and
from there we could work out if it's agp or pci-e.
From: Stephen H. Fischer on
Hi,

Be careful with Virgina, the same message popped up on "comp.sys.m6809"
which is a ~ 30 Year old 8 Bit processor.

SHF