From: Virgina Hernandez on
I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need I willo just go to ebay but I don't know what kind of meory, cards and such are compaitble with my machine. Help please.

Virgina
ghtpl(a)yahoo.com
http://ipods-imacs.com

SfAwlmXL.?MWyPFEdo)gK*,<_
From: JD on
On 27/01/2010 7:10 PM, Virgina Hernandez wrote:
> I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need I willo just go to ebay but I don't know what kind of meory, cards and such are compaitble with my machine. Help please.
>
> Virgina
> ghtpl(a)yahoo.com
> http://ipods-imacs.com
>
> SfAwlmXL.?MWyPFEdo)gK*,<_

its a fairly decent machine looks like ether a socket 754 or 939 XP64x2
(2 cores), not really relavent as your not changing the cpu, listed
specs i found were for 2GB ram (DDR2, note that you will need to know
that if buying more) 500GB hard drive, RADEON X1250 looks like thats a
onboard chipset, you wil have to look inside to see if its an AGP or
PCI-E for the graphics card slot (if it has one) the 754 boards can come
with ether the AGP or PCI-E (brown plastic slot for AGP usually and BLUE
for PCI-E, not guaranteed tho!) (and a couple had both) the 939's were
almost all PCI-E.

As I said its a fairly decent machine (i use a similar spec machine as a
media centre) if your having performance issues it may be software
rather than hardware.

I've probably confused you more I'm sure someone else will post with
more relevant info, got to run for now.

JD
From: Paul on
JD wrote:
> On 27/01/2010 7:10 PM, Virgina Hernandez wrote:
>> I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a
>> whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an
>> Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I
>> would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once
>> I find out what I need I willo just go to ebay but I don't know what
>> kind of meory, cards and such are compaitble with my machine. Help
>> please.
>>
>> Virgina

> its a fairly decent machine looks like ether a socket 754 or 939 XP64x2
> (2 cores), not really relavent as your not changing the cpu, listed
> specs i found were for 2GB ram (DDR2, note that you will need to know
> that if buying more) 500GB hard drive, RADEON X1250 looks like thats a
> onboard chipset, you wil have to look inside to see if its an AGP or
> PCI-E for the graphics card slot (if it has one) the 754 boards can come
> with ether the AGP or PCI-E (brown plastic slot for AGP usually and BLUE
> for PCI-E, not guaranteed tho!) (and a couple had both) the 939's were
> almost all PCI-E.
>
> As I said its a fairly decent machine (i use a similar spec machine as a
> media centre) if your having performance issues it may be software
> rather than hardware.
>
> I've probably confused you more I'm sure someone else will post with
> more relevant info, got to run for now.
>
> JD

JD, that is a spam bombing run. There is no Virgina to read your reply.
That post was made to multiple groups, and fortunately, my server filtered
off the post so I can't even read the original. All I can see is people
replying to it. That tells you Cleanfeed or some other script on the
newsserver, knows the message is spam. maybe it comes from a known
spamming domain.

The payload of the bombing run, is in Virgina's signature (which I've deleted).

Paul
From: JD on
On 28/01/2010 3:26 PM, Paul wrote:

>> its a fairly decent machine looks like ether a socket 754 or 939
>> XP64x2 (2 cores), not really relavent as your not changing the cpu,
>> listed specs i found were for 2GB ram (DDR2, note that you will need
>> to know that if buying more) 500GB hard drive, RADEON X1250 looks like
>> thats a onboard chipset, you wil have to look inside to see if its an
>> AGP or PCI-E for the graphics card slot (if it has one) the 754 boards
>> can come with ether the AGP or PCI-E (brown plastic slot for AGP
>> usually and BLUE for PCI-E, not guaranteed tho!) (and a couple had
>> both) the 939's were almost all PCI-E.
>>
>> As I said its a fairly decent machine (i use a similar spec machine as
>> a media centre) if your having performance issues it may be software
>> rather than hardware.
>>
>> I've probably confused you more I'm sure someone else will post with
>> more relevant info, got to run for now.
>>
>> JD
>
> JD, that is a spam bombing run. There is no Virgina to read your reply.
> That post was made to multiple groups, and fortunately, my server filtered
> off the post so I can't even read the original. All I can see is people
> replying to it. That tells you Cleanfeed or some other script on the
> newsserver, knows the message is spam. maybe it comes from a known
> spamming domain.
>
> The payload of the bombing run, is in Virgina's signature (which I've
> deleted).
>
> Paul

I thought there was something funny about it.
should have guessed, the header has a firm name on it and the headers
also suggest a bot posted it, strange thing is I'm in the middle of
writing a statistics bot for newsgroup analysis. I'll add this poster
into the spammer list.

JD