|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Outlook Express Spam Filter
I have been using Outlook Express for some time and I like the simplicity of it. However, I have been getting quite a few ads (spam) daily in my inbox. Is there a spam filter in Outlook and where is it. I've looked and can't locate it if there is one. Regards, Dave C. ... 12 Aug 2010 15:51
Backwards Compatibility Question
My daughter has a new Win7 machine and an Office 2003 package that she wants to load. Her question to me was if she had to uninstall any versions of Office that are already on the machine -- it came with a trial ov Office '10 -- and I told her, yes she must uninstall first. Then I considered the idea that Win7... 12 Aug 2010 13:39
Trivia - the default XP desktop background
That's an actual roadside picture he took while driving in Napa http://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/article_7703c8b2-03e9-11df-bb34-001cc4c03286.html ... 12 Aug 2010 08:10
Home-Built computer, need drivers
I have stumbled across an old home built machine that I have no idea what it is. How do I get drivers for this thing? Normally, I would go to dell.com <whatever> and plug in my model number and download the drivers I thought were needed. I don't a model number. I might have useful information that comes up on ... 12 Aug 2010 08:10
Device on cable
Cables which connect USB ports with peripherals such as cameras frequently have black cylindrical objects on the cables a few centimetres away from the USB end. These may be about 10mm in diameter and 20 mm long. Are these things ferrite beads used to eliminate stray pulses in the cable or something else? If... 11 Aug 2010 07:03
Wireless connection
Just got a used laptop, an IBM T41. I cannot get it to connect to my secured network or my girlfriend's secured network. I enter the key when requested and it tries and then quits. It will connect to any and all unsecured networks whenever I find them. This is baffling to me. Any ideas? I've never encounte... 11 Aug 2010 18:01
WDC MyBook Essential 1Tb
Anyone used the WDC utility to reload a MyBook back to factory ( Fat32 and programs) I had one that was flaky and got shipped a replacement. I copied the data to the new one, ran app to"write ones" to the old one and now that the original has no structure want to beat up on it a bit and if Ok prior to sending th... 10 Aug 2010 20:13
HP Pavilion Slimline s5412 - PCI Slot
My kid, bless her, bought a Slimline and she thought it had a PCI slot on the motherboard so she could install a wireless adaptor. The slot isn't PCI, but I'm not sure what it is. Is there a new spec, PCI Express or similar? The slot is labeled PCIE16X, and my PCI cards do not fit. the card I have has an edge ... 9 Aug 2010 15:39
Which is better - Linux or Windows?
I like and use Linux. I use Ubuntu myself, though there are other distruabutions of Linux. It is a free operating system. -- Blessed Be, Riverwind <https://sites.google.com/site/horathgar009/home> ... 9 Aug 2010 12:18
help with wireless connection
I have a Dell desktop with DSL connection. I see the desktop has where you can set up a wireless connection and it gives you a network key that you can use for another computer. Now, I want to buy a laptop and it comes with wireless technology. Will the laptop walk me through how to set up a connection t... 5 Aug 2010 03:43
sub-woofer question
I'm looking for the sub-woofer unit for an old Labtec LCS-2412 2.1 computer speaker system. Does anyone know of a source? I came upon a LCS-2420 sub-woofer. Can anyone tell me if it might work as a replacement? Any recommendations for a 2.0 or 2.1 speaker system with a sub-woofer width restriction of 10" ?? ... 4 Aug 2010 15:46
VATICAN & ISRAEL = a Satanic Union ?
Calm down! Go and lie down in a dark room until the hysteria passes. ... 2 Aug 2010 03:48
Turn on PC: Reading Error from disc. helppppppppppppp!
Hi I have a PC with some hardisk. Today when I'm working witho my PC I have seen a blue screening. I turn off it and when I turn on, my PC jams on a withe writings on a black screening: 3 Master Hard Disk Error Now every time I turn on my PC I see: Reading Error from disc. Click CTRL+ALT+CANC for starting again. ... 1 Aug 2010 09:23
Media Files, VHS > DVD for TV, PC > DVD
It's been months so, re- asking: Trying to co-ordinate my media. I have hundreds of VHS tapes (TV shows, old ball games, home movies etc), PC videos in AVI, WMV, MOV format I'd like to get onto DVD / be 'indexable'. Also have lots of PC files I'd like in DVD format for viewing on TV as well as in wmv or mpg... 4 Aug 2010 04:54
Steve Ballmer on the iPad
He's so wonderful - just ask him. Good for a laugh . ... 30 Jul 2010 18:32
IBM laptop question
I bought an IBM T41 today. I have a T23 and I want to use it's hard drive in the T41. They are identical Travelstars. When I put the T23 hd in the T41, it wouldn't boot. Blue-screened and wouldn't even go into safe mode. Never seen anything like this. I've put this hard drive in another T23 before and had... 29 Jul 2010 10:45
PC: inventore Faggin
PC: inventore Faggin http://notitiae.wordpress.com/2010/07/27/storia-del-personal-computer-il-microprocessore/#more-86 ... 27 Jul 2010 09:29
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11