First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Windows Update Not Allowed
I have a machine on the bench that can go online to any address I can dream up, except it will not go to Microsoft.com. It won't go to any of the MSoft sites. I'm trying to get the latest updates (XP SP3) using a high speed connection, the machine normally uses dial-up. It's not an Internet issue because I can... 12 May 2010 12:27
Windows for System Builders
I'm a little confused about selecting Windows for the system I'm building. I'm coming across a version Windows # for System Builders. What difference is there between this and the Retail version? Do I go with this for the comp I'm building, or should I stear clear of it and stick to the Retail version? Than... 9 May 2010 19:47
Mybook - error 51
"- Bobb -" <bobb(a)noemail.123> wrote in message news:hruei2$4fe$1(a)news.eternal-september.org... Anyone else trying to download this ? Working for you ? Using their File Mgr I can't get a good copy. It spends an hour dloading and then when "it successfully downloads", I check it / try to burn it, I get " ... 8 May 2010 14:29
Windows Home Server V2 ?
Anyone else trying to download this ? Working for you ? Using their File Mgr I can't get a good copy. It spends an hour dloading and then when "it successfully downloads", I check it / try to burn it, I get " file error" in the download data . No hdd errors here. I'm trying once more right now. ... 6 May 2010 09:37
data recovery software
hi I've deleted my wedding photos and I need to get it back! I was looking for a software that could find my deleted files on my NTFS drive and it seems only StrongRecovery could find it, but it's only demo version, does anyone else ever use it? http://www.strongrecovery.com Is it any good? Should I buy i... 6 May 2010 16:29
computer get past 'welcome'
have laptop running XP. when started up, it hangs at the 'welcome' screen. I can get it into safe mode and run it from there, but virus scan finds no problems (of course). any ideas? thanks all ... 2 May 2010 07:39
Restore XP ghost image to disk
I hadn't done this in a while and could use some help on the 'big picture'. The original drive had 1 NTFS ( boot) and a NON-DOS ( Compaq) partition Used v15 Ghost to create an image of both partitions. Using a smaller drive ( all I have right now), I just tried to restore C: and have it be bootable - it does no... 28 Apr 2010 16:16
Question about computer DOWNGRADING
I work at an office which uses old software which cannot be run on a 64 bit system or on Vista. The boss is pretty stubborn and refuses to upgrade or change softwares. If we purchase a 64 bit Windows 7 or Vista machine at Best Buy, is it possible for a computer tech to downgrade the PC to a 32-bit Windows XP ... 27 Apr 2010 06:30
HELP...CAN'T ACCESS MSN/YAHOO EMAIL
SORRY. POOR EYESIGHT REQUIRES CAPS. ... 26 Apr 2010 10:13
HDD Troubles
Hi All Bit of a long post this (well for me anyway) the questions at the bottom if you want to skip the "guff". Ever start one of those 5 minute jobs that turns out to be a lot more complicated than you first anticipated. Someone asked me to look at a Laptop, a Toshiba Satellite A200 to be precise, the p... 23 Apr 2010 17:20