First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Trouble adding 2nd internal HD
I having a problem adding a 2nd internal hard drive. The C drive is a Maxtor 250 G, and as a secondary, I'm trying to get a Maxtor 160 G to work. Both are SATA. In setup mode it sees drive 0 and the 250 G size but for drive 1, it says there is a SATA drive there but everything else is unknown. Both are SATA ... 19 May 2010 17:06
Windows Update Not Allowed -- UPDATE
When you're done, you're gonna do a backup (to another drive or maybe DVD), right ? Norton Ghost. When I get a new, or used computer, before lighting up the NIC. 1) I remove symantec, norton, or any other adware loaded bloatware. 2) then go through the registry, and remove all such references to ... 18 May 2010 04:53
Windows 7 & backup.pst
I've got a fairly new laptop with Win 7 and have somehow created a command to do a backup.pst file every time I open Outlook. I can't find anything in the start menu, but I can't get rid of it. Very annoying. It tries to write this backup to a drive that doesn't exist and when I close the dialog box, the nex... 20 May 2010 11:38
WHAT'LL THEY THINK OF NEXT?.
Good Gawd! Posted lots of Monty Python... -- Best Regards: Baron. ... 17 May 2010 06:55
Laptop Batteries where to buy?...
As above we need a replacement battery for our ACER 5630 laptop. Anyone can recommend a supplier of either original equipment (Panasonic Battery Li-ion pack) or decent replacement copy ones?.. Cheers.. -- Tony Sayer ... 24 May 2010 09:00
BIOS Destroyed?
I'm working on a new problem for me. I have a machine from a business where my kid works that has been infected by so many virii that it's impossible to determine what's bad. I have gone into the Setup Menu at boot-time to set the boot priority to CD, but the bootable CD won't start. I looked through my inv... 18 May 2010 12:32
Windows Update Not Allowed -- UPDATE
My machiune is running under a variety, maybe multitude, of viruses. I have managed to remove no less than 5 virii, a couple of malwares, and some spyware. Still no worky ... System Restore. I hate when that happens. The Hosts file had a single entry for the Local Host, so that wasn't the problem. After ... 12 May 2010 21:25
Full circle, considering that Apple and Adobe made each other useful
Apple needed a printer language to make Macs useful. And by doing so, Apple made Adobe Postscript THE standard for desktop publishing. now - "Adobe has asked federal regulators to investigate Apple for possible antitrust violations" http://www.infoworld.com/print/122858 ... 12 May 2010 10:13
test
... 11 May 2010 15:37
Adobe Photoshop 4 Out of memory
My APS 4 gives me an "out of memory" message when I try to print. This is a new development. How can I fix this problem? My system has plenty of memory. Thanks ... 15 May 2010 11:30
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last