From: LRESA500 on
My APS 4 gives me an "out of memory" message when I try to print.
This is a new development. How can I fix this problem? My system
has plenty of memory. Thanks
From: JD on
On 11/05/2010 12:45 PM, LRESA500(a)aol.com wrote:
> My APS 4 gives me an "out of memory" message when I try to print.
> This is a new development. How can I fix this problem? My system
> has plenty of memory. Thanks

Hi there we will need a little more information to help you out.

What OS (version of windows) are you using ?

How much RAM do you have ?

What size is your hard drive (C:) ?

How much free space is on your hard drive ? (%)

if your computer runs out of physical memory (ram) your machine
automatically uses virtual memory (the hard drive) if your hard drive is
full (or your page file is set incorrectly / not auto) then you will run
out of memory.

or it could be a bug/software problem, have you tried un-installing and
re-installing photoshop?

JD
From: Paul on
JD wrote:
> On 11/05/2010 12:45 PM, LRESA500(a)aol.com wrote:
>> My APS 4 gives me an "out of memory" message when I try to print.
>> This is a new development. How can I fix this problem? My system
>> has plenty of memory. Thanks
>
> Hi there we will need a little more information to help you out.
>
> What OS (version of windows) are you using ?
>
> How much RAM do you have ?
>
> What size is your hard drive (C:) ?
>
> How much free space is on your hard drive ? (%)
>
> if your computer runs out of physical memory (ram) your machine
> automatically uses virtual memory (the hard drive) if your hard drive is
> full (or your page file is set incorrectly / not auto) then you will run
> out of memory.
>
> or it could be a bug/software problem, have you tried un-installing and
> re-installing photoshop?
>
> JD

By any chance, is a 64 bit OS being used ? That will increase
the number of things that could go wrong. Also, Photoshop
has "plugins" capability, and it could be something you
added recently, that has upset things.

Paul
From: LRESA500 on
On May 11, 2:06�pm, JD <No.Re...(a)Sorry.com> wrote:
> On 11/05/2010 12:45 PM, LRESA...(a)aol.com wrote:
>
> > My APS 4 gives me an "out of memory" message when I try to print.
> > This is a new development. How can I fix this problem? My system
> > has plenty of memory. Thanks
>
> Hi there we will need a little more information to help you out.
>
> What OS (version of windows) are you using ?
>
> How much RAM do you have ?
>
> What size is your hard drive (C:) ?
>
> How much free space is on your hard drive ? (%)
>
> if your computer runs out of physical memory (ram) your machine
> automatically uses virtual memory (the hard drive) if your hard drive is
> full (or your page file is set incorrectly / not auto) then you will run
> out of memory.
>
> or it could be a bug/software problem, have you tried un-installing and
> re-installing photoshop?
>
> JD

Thanks guys !
I have a Dell Pentium 4, 3.0 GHz, Bios Vers A10 with a system memory
of 1024 MB DDR SDram. It uses Windows XP. My hard drive is 148 GB with
118 GB free space and an external hard drive of 500GB.

I've been using Adobe to scan film prints into the program's catalog.
Recently I downloaded about 34
photos from my digital camera into the catalog. The dl went fine. I
was able to edit the photos and send them out by e-mail. When i went
to print one I got an "out of memory" box.
From: LRESA500 on
On May 11, 2:20�pm, Paul <nos...(a)needed.com> wrote:
> JD wrote:
> > On 11/05/2010 12:45 PM, LRESA...(a)aol.com wrote:
> >> My APS 4 gives me an "out of memory" message when I try to print.
> >> This is a new development. How can I fix this problem? My system
> >> has plenty of memory. Thanks
>
> > Hi there we will need a little more information to help you out.
>
> > What OS (version of windows) are you using ?
>
> > How much RAM do you have ?
>
> > What size is your hard drive (C:) ?
>
> > How much free space is on your hard drive ? (%)
>
> > if your computer runs out of physical memory (ram) your machine
> > automatically uses virtual memory (the hard drive) if your hard drive is
> > full (or your page file is set incorrectly / not auto) then you will run
> > out of memory.
>
> > or it could be a bug/software problem, have you tried un-installing and
> > re-installing photoshop?
>
> > JD
>
> By any chance, is a 64 bit OS being used ? That will increase
> the number of things that could go wrong. Also, Photoshop
> has "plugins" capability, and it could be something you
> added recently, that has upset things.
>
> � � Paul- Hide quoted text -

How can I tell which bit OS I'm using.
 |  Next  |  Last