First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
time
Can someone tell me why I lose Time and date when I turn my computer off? When I turn it on a couple of days the time and date is wrong, and how to fix it?The time is located at the bottom right corner. Thanks for the inf. and your help. VIETNAM VET ... 11 Jan 2010 13:06
(mostly) new PC
Its been quiet in here over the past few days so I thought I'd post this however it isn't really a Question or an Answer for anything you may want to skip it: Unfortunately my CPU burnt out on Christmas eve, Intel Q6600 slightly over-clocked from 2.4GHz to 2.7GHz, the main culprit was the crappy stock HSF wh... 6 Jan 2010 16:31
Slow Computer
Please help me with this issue. I bought an Acer Aspire 6 cell Netbook (Window XP I believe) a few months ago . It ran great for a few months. Now it is vey slow. I did the following: 1. Did a run misconfig and deselected the programs I did not want. ( I get an error window that says: An access denied e... 9 Jan 2010 04:12
HP ProtectTools / Windows 7
I have a HP Compaq 6735s running Vista Home Premium. I want to upgrade to Windows 7 but the laptop came preinstalled with HP ProtectTools Security Manager. Windows 7 upgrade can't go ahead with that installed but there seems absolutely no way of uninstalling the damn thing. If I try to uninstall it from add/r... 19 Jan 2010 02:28
Bad_Pool_Header
I tried to copy my family files from my geneaolgy program to a CD. It didn't work. I tried again and got a message that the CD needed to be formatted before I could use it so I did that. It took about 30 minutes to format and at the instant the formatting stopped I got the BSoD- a stop error called Bad_Pool_Header ... 31 Dec 2009 16:31
Problem formatting C drive (Please Help)
Hi, I have been having issues with my computer and can't get it to boot up. I've already tried to start it in safe mode and I tried using the factory boot disk; neither one works. I decided to format the C drive and reload windows, but I can't figure out how to format the C drive, I've alre... 10 Jan 2010 10:44
laptop turning itself off
My Compaq 6735s laptop suddenly just switches off. doesn't shut down or anything, just goes off. I'm assuming it's overheating although I can hear the fan come on so other suggestions welcome. How easy is it to change the fan? It's used for about 14 hours a day, connected tot he mains with the battery remove... 27 Dec 2009 11:54
Modem driver too old.
With all my hard drive, usb drives troubles; this annoying thing has been on the back burner. Everything seems fixed, knock on PC screen and want to see if anyone has an idea for fix. Every time I restart the computer, I now get the error message "Sorry the current modem driver is too old. Please try to get ... 14 Jan 2010 23:34
Shutdown or Hibernate
Overnight is it safe to put the PC in HIBERNATE rather than shutdown mode. Cheers Dee ... 10 Jan 2010 17:25
Boot problem/question
I purchased a 300G USB drive. After hibernating, if I don't disconnect the USB, the computer won't boot. Once I reboot, it sits there with a flashing cursor in the top left corner. My boot options are set to this, in this order: Onboard or USB CD-Rom Onboard or USB Floppy Onboard SATA. USB Device not prese... 14 Jan 2010 16:54