From: JACK on

I have a HP Compaq 6735s running Vista Home Premium. I want to upgrade to
Windows 7 but the laptop came preinstalled with HP ProtectTools Security
Manager. Windows 7 upgrade can't go ahead with that installed but there
seems absolutely no way of uninstalling the damn thing. If I try to
uninstall it from add/remove progs it states "The application cannot be
removed. The following applications must be removed first - BIOS
configuration for HP ProtectTools and File Santizer for HP ProtectTools
uninstall string."
I've tried using Windows Install Clean Up and the programs don't even show
up on that.
I've contacted HP and they say
"The correct method of uninstalling HP Protect tools is to uninstall the
following components in the given order if they exist:

1. Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools
2. Java Card Security for HP ProtectTools
4. 3. Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools
5. Smartcard security for HP ProtectTools
6. Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools
7. BIOS Security for HP ProtectTools
8. HP ProtectTools Security Manager"

As the components do not exist, the only way is to perform a clean install
rather than upgrade to Windows 7."
I really really don't want to do a clean install. It's taken me 12 months to
get these laptop programs the way I want them and I don't want to have to
start all over again.
Surely I can't be the only one with this problem? Anyone any suggestions?
Thanks

From: Baron on
JACK Inscribed thus:

> I have a HP Compaq 6735s running Vista Home Premium. I want to upgrade
> to Windows 7 but the laptop came preinstalled with HP ProtectTools
> Security Manager. Windows 7 upgrade can't go ahead with that installed
> but there seems absolutely no way of uninstalling the damn thing. If I
> try to uninstall it from add/remove progs it states "The application
> cannot be
> removed. The following applications must be removed first - BIOS
> configuration for HP ProtectTools and File Santizer for HP
> ProtectTools uninstall string."
> I've tried using Windows Install Clean Up and the programs don't even
> show up on that.
> I've contacted HP and they say
> "The correct method of uninstalling HP Protect tools is to uninstall
> the following components in the given order if they exist:
>
> 1. Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools
> 2. Java Card Security for HP ProtectTools
> 4. 3. Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools
> 5. Smartcard security for HP ProtectTools
> 6. Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools
> 7. BIOS Security for HP ProtectTools
> 8. HP ProtectTools Security Manager"
>
> As the components do not exist, the only way is to perform a clean
> install rather than upgrade to Windows 7."
> I really really don't want to do a clean install. It's taken me 12
> months to get these laptop programs the way I want them and I don't
> want to have to start all over again.
> Surely I can't be the only one with this problem? Anyone any
> suggestions? Thanks

Everyone seems to have similar troubles with W7.
Go have a look at Microsoft.com.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
From: Yvan Hall on
www.superaffiliate7.com

Log on to Find out how you can make money by clicking my Web Site.
You will find good Affiiliates for health products, such as EDTA-Oral
Chelation,
Apricot kernels for cancer treament, Other affiliates are for Computers,
household products, Satellite TV (You may watch International Channel on
your Computer),
Download Commmercial Movies, Email, Free Horoscope.

"JACK" <spam(a)spamspams.com> wrote in message

> I have a HP Compaq 6735s running Vista Home Premium. I want to upgrade to
> Windows 7 but the laptop came preinstalled with HP ProtectTools Security
> Manager. Windows 7 upgrade can't go ahead with that installed but there
> seems absolutely no way of uninstalling the damn thing. If I try to
> uninstall it from add/remove progs it states "The application cannot be
> removed. The following applications must be removed first - BIOS
> configuration for HP ProtectTools and File Santizer for HP ProtectTools
> uninstall string."
> I've tried using Windows Install Clean Up and the programs don't even show
> up on that.
> I've contacted HP and they say
> "The correct method of uninstalling HP Protect tools is to uninstall the
> following components in the given order if they exist:
>
> 1. Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools
> 2. Java Card Security for HP ProtectTools
> 4. 3. Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools
> 5. Smartcard security for HP ProtectTools
> 6. Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools
> 7. BIOS Security for HP ProtectTools
> 8. HP ProtectTools Security Manager"
>
> As the components do not exist, the only way is to perform a clean install
> rather than upgrade to Windows 7."
> I really really don't want to do a clean install. It's taken me 12 months
> to get these laptop programs the way I want them and I don't want to have
> to start all over again.
> Surely I can't be the only one with this problem? Anyone any suggestions?
> Thanks

Pages: 1
Prev: Bad_Pool_Header
Next: Slow Computer