From: Joe J. on
With all my hard drive, usb drives troubles; this annoying thing has been on
the back burner. Everything seems fixed, knock on PC screen and want to see
if anyone has an idea for fix. Every time I restart the computer, I now get
the error message "Sorry the current modem driver is too old. Please try to
get the latest modem driver"

I have gone to device manager and it shows the modem working. I tried a
disable and then re-enable. I've tried the diagnosis and it says the modem
is working and communicating.

I tried to reinstall a driver from my XP install disk and it says I have the
latest.

I tried Google but everything for driver updates seems to be a scam to get
me to pay for a "free" computer/registry scan.

It is a Broadxent D13631 which is now part of Creative Labs, but when I
search them nothing comes up, current or in their archives files.

I don't use the modem at the moment but am anticipating a situation in the
future where I might need it for a short period of time and besides I'm
getting tired of acknowledging the error each time.

My last automatic windows update on 12/9 had about 8 different downloads and
I'm not sure if this started after that update or not.

Any thoughts?

Joe

From: Jeff Strickland on
How come you don't go the Website of the modem manufacturer and get the
latest driver. Or, just go buy a new modem and get a current driver with it.

From: Joe J. on

From: JD on
Joe J. wrote:
> With all my hard drive, usb drives troubles; this annoying thing has been on
> the back burner. Everything seems fixed, knock on PC screen and want to see
> if anyone has an idea for fix. Every time I restart the computer, I now get
> the error message "Sorry the current modem driver is too old. Please try to
> get the latest modem driver"
>
> I have gone to device manager and it shows the modem working. I tried a
> disable and then re-enable. I've tried the diagnosis and it says the modem
> is working and communicating.
>
> I tried to reinstall a driver from my XP install disk and it says I have the
> latest.
>

> I tried Google but everything for driver updates seems to be a scam to get
> me to pay for a "free" computer/registry scan.
>

> It is a Broadxent D13631 which is now part of Creative Labs, but when I
> search them nothing comes up, current or in their archives files.
>
> I don't use the modem at the moment but am anticipating a situation in the
> future where I might need it for a short period of time and besides I'm
> getting tired of acknowledging the error each time.
>
> My last automatic windows update on 12/9 had about 8 different downloads and
> I'm not sure if this started after that update or not.
>

> Any thoughts?
>

> Joe

Hi Joe

Still P I assume ?

I have never ever seen windows display this kind of Error Message:

"Sorry the current modem driver is too old. Please try to get the
latest modem driver"

is it windows giving you this message or is it an application that was
installed with the modem ?

Since the message only appears when you reboot it sounds like 3rd party
software (a dell application perhaps) that is checking the dates on the
drivers, you could check your task manager for such programs if they are
not displayed in your system tray (beside the clock)

there is another useful program for checking what starts up with your PC
its called HijackThis if your unsure of the readout post it here and we
can take a look at it.

Hijack this:
http://go.trendmicro.com/free-tools/hijackthis/HijackThisInstaller.exe

JD
From: Jeff Strickland on
If you don't use the modem, then take it out. You have broadband or some
other form of high speed connection, the modem is useless. And, the driver
is old and not supported anymore.

>>> It is a Broadxent D13631 which is now part of Creative Labs, but when I
>>> search them nothing comes up, current or in their archives files.
>>>

> "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> How come you don't go the Website of the modem manufacturer and get the
>> latest driver. Or, just go buy a new modem and get a current driver with
>> it.
>>

>> "Joe J." <joejak(a)prodigy.net> wrote in message
>>> With all my hard drive, usb drives troubles; this annoying thing has
>>> been on the back burner. Everything seems fixed, knock on PC screen and
>>> want to see if anyone has an idea for fix. Every time I restart the
>>> computer, I now get the error message "Sorry the current modem driver is
>>> too old. Please try to get the latest modem driver"
>>>
>>> I have gone to device manager and it shows the modem working. I tried a
>>> disable and then re-enable. I've tried the diagnosis and it says the
>>> modem is working and communicating.
>>>
>>> I tried to reinstall a driver from my XP install disk and it says I have
>>> the latest.
>>>

>>> I tried Google but everything for driver updates seems to be a scam to
>>> get me to pay for a "free" computer/registry scan.
>>>

>>> It is a Broadxent D13631 which is now part of Creative Labs, but when I
>>> search them nothing comes up, current or in their archives files.
>>>
>>> I don't use the modem at the moment but am anticipating a situation in
>>> the future where I might need it for a short period of time and besides
>>> I'm getting tired of acknowledging the error each time.
>>>
>>> My last automatic windows update on 12/9 had about 8 different downloads
>>> and I'm not sure if this started after that update or not.
>>>

>>> Any thoughts?
>>>

>>> Joe
>>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4